Maldives Visa Requirements and Cost
If you decide to travel the Maldives for tourist purposes, you need to go through the following Maldives visa requirements:
- You should have a legal passport or other Travel Document which has at least 6 months of validity.
- Confirmed departure and return tickets to the home country.
- A verified pre-paid hotel booking.
- Enough resources for staying trouble-free in the Maldives.
- Complete landing and boarding cards permitted by the Maldives Immigration.
The Maldives on arrival visa is available for all nationalities. It means that you do not need a prior visa for the Maldives. After getting a Maldives tourist visa, you will get a 30-days stay. Your number of days would display on your approved visa on the passport.
Moreover, visitors must check their passports for the arrival endorsement and note the permitted number of days. All travelers who have applied for a tourism purpose do not allow for any employment. They should not get involved in any business, job, or other paid occupation while having a tourist visa in the Maldives.
Maldives Visa Fee
When you apply for a tourist visa form anywhere in the world, you do not need to pay any fee. The Maldives tourist visa cost is free. All you need is just enough funds to spend your days effortlessly. You will get a free tourist visa of Maldives for 30 days.
However, if you want to stay for more than 30 days, you need to apply for a visa extension. You can apply for visa extension via Visa Extension Application Form. You will get this form by visiting the Immigration Head Office during its working hours. After getting this form, you need to fill the form with the required information and pay an extension fee of 750 Rufiyaa. After the whole procedure has done, your visa would extend for more 60 days.
Maldives Visa Policy
While applying for a tourist visa for the Maldives, there are some visa policies that you must follow. Your visa may get refused or removed if you do not follow these policies. The reasons for refusal of visa are as below:
- submission of fake or illegal documents to the embassy.
- Having intentions of getting involved in a kind of violence.
- Planning to do some employment while having a tourist visa.
- If you comprise some fanatic religious or political reviews.
If you have entered the Maldives, your visa may get canceled instantly due to the following reasons:
- Found doing any work in the Maldives while you are on a tourist visa.
- Involved in some illegal actions or creating some violence in the country.
- If you report for some public annoyance.
- If Visa gets expired and still you are staying the Maldives.
The Immigration authorities make the visa rejection or cancellation of the Maldives.
Who needs a visa?
The Maldives Tourist visa is eligible for all nationalities. No matter where you belong to, you will get a Maldives tourist visa by fulfilling its requirements.
Do we require a visa for the Maldives?
For entering the Maldives tourist visa for indians , you do not need a pre-arrival visa. Instead, you can get an on-arrival visa by following specific requirements.
How much does Maldives visa cost?
A tourist visa of Maldives is free of cost. You do not need to pay any fee. However, if you want to extend your visa, you need to pay 750 Rufiyaa at Maldives Immigration Head Office.