Any person arriving in Maldives maybe refused entry, if the Immigration officer during questioning or interviewing the passenger
- Have reasonable grounds (not necessarily solid proof) that the person is carrying fraudulent travel documents.
- Suspects the apparent intention to the possible disruption of harmony and unlawful activities.
- Has strong anti-semantic religious or political vie
Caution: The right to refuse an entry lies at the discretion of the Immigration and not as a right to claim entry.
Removal from Maldives
Any person staying in Maldives could be removed from Maldives immediately if the person concerned is:
- Found working on a Tourist Visa
- Found participating in any unlawful activity or even the intention to participate or initiate an unlawful activity
- Suspected of disrupting the religious or political harmony
- Reported to have become a public nuisance
- Found with expired stay permit
- Found with expired Work Permit